Better briefs-better copy.
Here are my 5 top tips for getting the best out of your Seo copywriter;
- Know and be clear about exactly what you are trying to gain or achieve. If you are not completely sure what message you are trying to convey, ask your writer to develop your ideas with you. Clarity of thought will transfer to the copy and content.
- Research your competitors, see what works for them. Have a look at websites that you like, try and analyse what it is you like about them. Is it the style of writing? Is it the tone of voice of the company? Is it their unique approach to their marketing strategy? Decide what style you want your company to adopt- here your copywriter can be an invaluable resource.
- Know your target audience.Time is precious and people need to be able to access your website in a way that is relevant for them. You know your company better than anyone; be clear about who you want your writer to target.
- Allow your writer to make suggestions, after all, seo copy and content writing is a specialised skill. Develop ideas together about balancing interesting and engaging SEO copy over keyword density. Search engines will often identify 'over dense keyword' copy as unreadable text with not enough relevance to satisfy search and ranking criteria.
- Avoid paying for SEO copy and content 'by the word'. Limited word count assignments do not enable the SEO writer to research the subject matter or product adequately as the focus is on just delivering a number of words. Commissioning an SEO copywriter ' by the hour ' ensures that the writer has time to research, draft and produce a quality piece of writing written with knowledge and clarity.Your website visitors will appreciate that. However tempting saving a few pounds here and there may be, if you pay peanuts, etc etc.
If you are looking for an SEO copywriter to work with your company to increase your website visibility and visitor conversion rate, please email us using the link below.